Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

partial empty butane fuel canisters refiller

MThuntr

So Amazon recommended product today that I never knew existed. Anyone use one?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U2EE6M2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm not real keen on refilling the propane canisters mostly because of the availability of adapters but then I saw this device to transfer butane mix from one canister to another and thought similar but there isn't an alternative for having to carry either multiple canisters or like me the new ones come with me on long trips and the partial canisters get demoted for weekend/day use.

Last edited:
Have seen them but not tried it. One thing that keeps me from doing so is that I use mine in the cool to cold pretty often. The proportion of the mix that burns off faster (propane) is going to leave you with a three-season fuel if you keep topping off partials with other partials. A person could just track them and use in warmer weather, but then you're managing different canisters just like you would be anyway. Maybe I'm thinking about it too hard.

I've used it, works ok but you'll never get it filled back up to max. I bought one of the large canisters and used it to refill my small ones.

Steve Drake (wildlife/hunting photog) did a VLOG on that little tool the other day. He was actually able to get the smaller canister fuller (by weight) than when it was new. I won't post the link to the vid/his instagram, but you shouldn't have a hard time finding it on Instagram/YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back