Caribou Gear Tarp

❓ Painting a Pop-Up Hunting Hide ➔ How?

JungleShooter

❓ Painting a Pop-Up Hunting Hide ➔ How?

I bought a pop-up hunting hide (Summit Cobra Realtree*) (or is it called a blind instead of a hide??).

I live in the desert — so "realtree" and any of the other vegetation-colors are out.... 😟
➔ I need sand color — desert beige!! 😄
[Yes, when I bought it I knew the color wouldn't work — I just didn't find an affordable option in my field color. 🤦🏻‍♂️ ]

Note: I don't want other hunters seeing my hide from far away — so the camou has to work for both animals and humans....

❓ So, what suggestions do you have to change the color of my hunting hide to beige?

🔸(1) Spray paint?
➔ Will the fabric get damaged? What type of paint should I avoid?

🔸(2) Require my quarry to wear beige-tinted glasses so that my hide will blend in with the desert sand?
➔ They might not have a nose apt to wear glasses.

🔸(3) Cut pieces of beige fabric and attach them to the outsides of the hide?
➔This would make it heavier, and worse: the sliding windows won't work, this is hugely important to me.

🔸(4) Have a seamstress make a new hide, just use the hardware from the store-bought one?

🔸(5) Other options?

Thanks for your help. 👍🏼

Matthias

*What I bought:
Summit Cobra 2-Person Ground Blind Realtree Edge

Last edited:
I've used regular old Krylon spray paint. It didn't hurt the blind at all. Let it sit in the sun for a few days to dry and for the smell to go. These blinds have later been used on pronghorn and bear.

I mist all of my new popup deer blinds and waterfowl layout blinds with a tan Krylon spray to knock the shine down. Easier and longer lasting than "mudding" the fabric. I don't see why you couldn't use a heavier coat as elkantlers suggested.

I haven't found the Krylon brand being sold in Peru. But I should go on a hardware store hunt for spray paint..... 😄

Matthias

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back