Over the hondo mark

smalls

Got 14 more geese this morning in Minnesota. That brings the grand total to over 100 birds so far this year. 103 to be exact. The one weekend I don't go with the guys they shoot 99 in one weekend and get a band to boot. We'll be getting our first round of sausages and brats back in a couple of days, and the geese from today will be ground and made into meatballs tonight. Some will be eaten, most frozen for later.

I have a feeling I will be adding a band to my lanyard this weekend...

Way to go on the Honkers. Curious where you get your sausage made. I have thought about taking a bunch of meat to the local processor, but to have enough to make a decent batch would be well over the possession limit. What do you guys do?

I consistently hunt with the same guys, so when we shoot 7 or 8 limits in a morning, we usually have more than enough for a batch. This will actually be my first time w/ honkers making sausage, usually its the snows (no limit in spring) that we grind up. Soon we won't have to worry about that, as we are investing in all of the stuff to grind and stuff ourselves. It's another great excuse to sit in the garage and drink some beer on a Sunday night.

We have a local shop we do it in. Some places don't like grinding waterfowl because errant BB's in the meat tend to dull their equipment rather quickly.

Gracias smalls. Keep up the good work and post some more carnage pics, since I am lacking on my end.

Will do, our regular season opens up this weekend in North Dakota. It'll be a tough early hunt as very little of the crops are harvested across northern ND and it sounds like its going ot be warm and windless.

I can't wait to shoot some ducks, there is a sprig that is waiting to be mounted out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back