Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Oregon West High Cascades Hunt for Blacktails

why would you not hunt the east slope of the cascades for a big muledeer? i have chased them around before on the tag. spent several days after one monster buck. look at your map around miller lake, cresent lake. I might do this hunt next year

Sorry baltz526 was out of town,just got back.I have always liked hunting the blacktails but have always been wanting to hunt mule deer,just never have gotten around to it.I was looking at the area you talked about and noticed that part of the unit is in the fort rock area.I have seen some big deer come from there.I'm going to do some research into that area.Anything you would be interested in sharing i would be grateful.

there are some deer in that high country, but it is a weather issue. early snow pushes the muledeer out fast. they can be across hwy 97 in hours or just out of the high cascade area. BUT if you get lucky that east slope has big bucks. Very hard hunting at the best of times but very rewarding even if you end up using the tag later in the general season

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back