Yeti GOBOX Collection

Optics advice please

Aznate

I live in arizona hunting couse, and mule deer every year. Its big open desert or deep nasty canyons. Elk and antelope when I can get drawn. Currently, my main glass I carry on my chest are 12X vipers HDs and from occasionally i carry my 20x60x80 viper HD spotting scope. I want to drop my spoting scope and pick up a pair either a set of 18X56 Kaibabs or second choice the 15x56 vultures along with a small Spotting scope and keep my 12s as my main glass. What are others carring and what are the thoughts on 15s vs 18s for bino power.

I’m no expert and I don’t have 15s or 18s, but it seems to me if you want 12s as your chest bino then get 18s for the tripod. Difference between 12s and 15s doesn’t seem big enough to me to justify carrying two sets of binos.

I pack the 15-56 vultures and love them. More often than not I grab them over my spotting scope. If you have the money to drop go with the Kiababs for the better glass but make sure you get a good quality tripod to mount them to. Neither of the optics are easy to glass with for any decent period of time by hand. You can’t stay stable enough.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back