Opening day In Maine

Tobey

Bob cat season opend Saterday here.
On Friday we had 1" of snow from the day before and at 10:00 am I found a track of a 30 lb.er But it was melting fast Its ben in the 60's here for 2 days.
Hay Gato can ya E mail me A snow storm????

It hit 71 here Tobey. Got my new yote dog today from Pa. Loks alot my Diamond dog.Going to run something next Sat no matter what!!!If we get snow before then will go then too.How is Rock doing??? Who you going to pair up with whiskey when you run cats ??

Sure Tobey i can email you some snow if you can email me a snowmobile, I blowed motor out of mine yesterday, I have all the luck. I am begining to think snowmobiles really are'nt for me but man, this yr a guy has to have one around here to get around. I ran into a couple guys that was looking for dogs, they turned out on a lion tuesday and still have'nt seen them yet, it was storming when i left and storms suppose to be all week, if they did'nt get to them yesterday I think you can probably right them off, hopefully his collars still beep till spring so he can find his collars at least.

George good luck with your new yot hound.I will be trying Roxy with wiskey to see if she is a cat hound.Rock is doing alot better I am going to take him out for some exercise and see if he can run again soon.
Gato your suposto us them sleds to hunt of not drag race with em LOL.I just had a nice citation given to me so I got an extra one now.Its the same sled as my tundra exsept shorter track.We don't even have ice yet I started trapping beavers yesterday using a canoe and chest waders.I am usualy walking on ice and chiseling for them.

Tobey,
Good luck on your hunting, ours has started, but have only been out a couple times and haven't found any bobs. Then last Saturday I buried the snowmachine and tore some ligaments in my right knee trying to get it out :mad: :mad: But Mr. Gato is cruising down this weekend and I'm taking next week off so hey maybe we'll get lucky with his good legs and my snowmobile maybe just maybe we'll find a crippled up cat of somekind to run :D :D

Well it was 72 degrees here today so I guess you can figure no snow yet. Supposed to get back to normal temps in a couple days. just got my Yamaha Bravo back from the shop.New skis,windshield,belt and tuned up.All I need now is snow.
Tobey as soon as you get conditions let me know.If you can give ma a day or 2 advance when you think it will be decent up there that would be great.I can hardly wait !!!!

Gee George, I guess $200 for that tuned-up sled is a good deal... I'll take it! LOL
I'll be up in W. Stewartstown next week bunny hunting. Dec 10 through 15th. Let me know by Sun. noon if you can get some time off.
Chris

Chris,thanks for the invite. I am dying to get my dogs out too.I have some hunters booked so am planning my days off around that right now.I am anxious to bunny hunt though but you know how it is when you have your own dogs.You hate to leave them at home to hunt someone elses !! I am definatly going to hook up with you at some point though.How did you guys do deer hunting??? Jimmy H took a nice buck around 200 behind his house. You have hunters this week or just fun hunting??
I ended up with 7 bear kills.I guess that little road trip to pick up dogs paid off,huh? I think I made out decent on that deal,phewww !!!

Deer hunting went well. Had one kid shoot a 4 point, 1 wounded and 4 others miss. I've seen some pretty piss-poor shooting. Had over a dozen guys and only 2 didn't see deer. Get this... one guy tells me... "I had my gun to my shoulder, but he never stopped for a shot." The damn buck was 25 yards away--walking broadside. I guess all those TV shows advice about never shooting at a deer unless it's standing is sinking in. What a joke. If you want to shoot a deer around here you had better start pulling the trigger as soon as you get on brown. I tried to shoot one myself with that Contender handgun, but ended up with nothing. I shot at one nice buck that was sneeking away, but it was pretty thick and he was too far I guess--70 or 80 yards. I could see brown in the red-dot when I fired, but never touched him. Oh well. Saw a pile of deer this year.
Rabbit hunting going good. Got more dogs. That trip was fun hunting. I've found quite a few rabbits around here and have been having some fun.
Talk to you later.
Chris

Back