One gun hunter

For years my go to gun was a Rem 660 in 308. Carried well, accurate and more than enough power for N. America. My son ended up with it somehow and these days when I do hunt it's my 30-06 for elk. Deer and everything else my 6.5x55. I could use either one and be in good shape.

for years I used a 300 win mag for 90%+ for everything and then I got into the single shot hand gun thing and used a 358 win most of the time. Now its anything in the safe on any given day.

I basically only have one rifle that I've purchased, the rest on hand-me-downs from dead relatives. The one I bought gets used on every hunt. 270 Win. Every time I get serious about getting something else, I think about the cost and how many money represents another out-of-state elk tag. I would much rather go hunting some more than own another gun, so it's still just the one gun.

I have ..
1 700 -06
1 Win 30-30
1 870 12 g
1 Omega 50c mz
1 singleshot Stevens 22
I had more but never used them.

257 WBY Ultralight and 300 WBY Accumark both get used a good bit. Ones much heavier, but the safety and action are the same. Good for muscle memory.

I hunt with all my guns (and bows). If a gun doesn't work out for hunting I get rid of it. To me guns are like horses in a stable - all ready to saddle up once hunting season starts, and modification projects for the off season.

I just got a manbun last year and i feel like its my new go to for any thing smaller than a elk. And my 7 mag is my sweet heart. Just way too much for deer in WV.

I basically only have one rifle that I've purchased, the rest on hand-me-downs from dead relatives. The one I bought gets used on every hunt. 270 Win. Every time I get serious about getting something else, I think about the cost and how many money represents another out-of-state elk tag. I would much rather go hunting some more than own another gun, so it's still just the one gun.

Almost got a new rifle in '18... then decided I wanted to go caribou hunting instead, and then again in '19... probably will hunt WY in 2020 instead of getting one, then probably back to Alaska after that... or maybe go cat skiing.

I reach for my M70 classic 7mm-08 90% of the time for big game, but I just got a new .257 Roy this year that's going to get taken for my Nov Coues tag. I've got others too if the situation calls for it such as that I like carrying the Rossi M92 when I'm popping brush, but that M70 (and now the vanguard) get the nod 99% of the time

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back