NRA American Hunter Letter To the Editor - Re: CWD

COEngineer

I sent the following to the American Hunter Editor(s). To my chagrin, as I read the rest of the issue, I found an article by Jim Heffelfinger, a respected scholar on the topic, however, Jim did not address cooking or incineration in that article. I also found out that Jim had another CWD article published by American Hunter last Aug (2022). I did not receive a response to this letter:
Dear Editor(s),

You published a letter from another reader that stated CWD can be destroyed at the same temperatures as bacteria and viruses. This is not the case and your reader, a self-proclaimed butcher, and you, as hunters and writers should absolutely know better!

According to NIH, "Incineration of prion-contaminated material is considered the most effective method of disposal. Combustion at 1,000°C (1,800 degF) can destroy prion infectivity..."

Please publish a correction, or better yet, publish an article from a respected scholar on the topic.

<name and address removed>

I sent the following to the American Hunter Editor(s). To my chagrin, as I read the rest of the issue, I found an article by Jim Heffelfinger, a respected scholar on the topic, however, Jim did not address cooking or incineration in that article. I also found out that Jim had another CWD article published by American Hunter last Aug (2022). I did not receive a response to this letter:
I agree with you, but the NRA magazine family are not serious and credible sources for technical information. They are designed at best to gloss over and distract from their typical shenanigans, and at worst just there to keep the cash of their true believers flowing so they can continue their typical shenanigans. I am also not taking technical advice from PETA publications.

I agree with you, but the NRA magazine family are not serious and credible sources for technical information. They are designed at best to gloss over and distract from their typical shenanigans, and at worst just there to keep the cash of their true believers flowing so they can continue their typical shenanigans. I am also not taking technical advice from PETA publications.
Come on man that's like saying don't believe what you see on CNN or like most commonly on this site don't believe what you see on FOX. Even the devil speaks truth at times

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back