Norma 308 different?

Well the good news is after talking to Norma, the ones i bought are the more superior ones, and are loaded with Norma ORYX bonded over the unbonded cup and core whitetail :) , so good to go on large game like nilgai and aoudad

Last edited:
Well the good news is after talking to Norma, the ones who bought are the more superior ones, and are loaded with Norma ORYX bonded over the unbonded cup and core whitetail :) , so good to go on large game like nilgai and aoudad
I was wondering the difference in those.

Cant see on the Whitetail box if they are the same grain ? I would assume so? Let us know if they have the same POI.

There is a huge difference between a Norma 308 vs a 308 Winchester.
They will not chamber one is HUGE the other is like a 243...
The parent case is a 300 H&H

Yeah when I was in high school I wanted a 308 NM but ammunition was hard to find 😕😕
“after the introduction of the .358 Norma Magnum in 1959 Norma necked down the case to accept .308” bullets and the .308 Norma Magnum was born. In spite of its slightly smaller case capacity it is actually a more well-balanced design than most of the other .300 magnums as it is better suited to standard length actions and covers the same range of hunting purposes. However the decisive factor to the success of a cartridge is whether the large American manufacturers decide to chamber rifles for it, and like its parent cartridge this was unfortunately not to become the fate of the .308 Norma Magnum.”

Yeah when I was in high school I wanted a 308 NM but ammunition was hard to find 😕😕
“after the introduction of the .358 Norma Magnum in 1959 Norma necked down the case to accept .308” bullets and the .308 Norma Magnum was born. In spite of its slightly smaller case capacity it is actually a more well-balanced design than most of the other .300 magnums as it is better suited to standard length actions and covers the same range of hunting purposes. However the decisive factor to the success of a cartridge is whether the large American manufacturers decide to chamber rifles for it, and like its parent cartridge this was unfortunately not to become the fate of the .308 Norma Magnum.”
Not to even make it more confusing: but also not the 300 norma magnum which is a AMAZING longrange cartridge. I could see how guys get confused who are new at this game that end up with boxes of wrong ammo.

Ya...I had a .308 Norma "sold" he came in looking for .308, he was buying for his sister, and I showed it to him. I told him it was a .308 Norma. I explained that I wasn't familiar with the Norma Magnums. He decided to think on it and came next day and another employee explained the difference to him. He thought the Norma was the brand of rifle and had never heard of it. I did get asked about and had to admit I didn't add Magnum to the end of it. I did show him the difference in ammunition. I'll tell you what. I started reading a lot more and educated my young self 23 year old self and made sure I gave an an accurate caliber description after that.

Back