Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

No photo, just dreaming

James Riley

Banned
I wonder where the largest pre-Columbian shedding grounds were located? Can you imagine traipsing across them some fine Spring day back then? I bet a soils scientist could take samples there to this day and find elevated levels of minerals associated with antlers.

I've seen the old paintings of the piles on the Montana plains but it makes you wonder if they were the #1 place or what the rest of the U.S. had to offer. Then there is the question of where the biggest antlers were produced.

I think two things should be in such abundance in life that they become boring: antlers and ammunition. :D Oh, and old Colt's and Winchesters. ;)

Just dreaming out loud.

I think about that all the time even just a few decades back when shed hunting wasn't as popular. A man can dream.

I started shed hunting over 30 years ago. I often found more that 50 in a day. Some days I may have found 100. Back then I only kept the big ones. In Idaho I found piles of antlers 3 feet high that other people left. I to dream of a time machine to go back to the 60's to look for antlers.

Antlerradar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back