Nissan Titan Pro 4x (possible purchase research)

Tiredofthebickering

We've been considering getting rid of our 2008 Honda Odyssey for a while now due to an invisible oil leak issue and we've already put too much money into the thing. My wife mentioned getting another truck (I have a 2000 4x4 F250 already) instead of an SUV or minivan since the prices are getting so similar. Plus we'd have something nice and comfortable for future trips out west 😁

Anyway, after reading around on here and looking at various models, I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason to go with something other than a newish Titan in either the Platinum Preserve Trim or Pro 4x Trim. Tell me why I should at something else.

For reference:

• It will be my wife's daily driver and I want her to have a comfortable ride.
  • We do not own a trailer. HOWEVER, my parents have a 26' trailer that we'd likely consider towing once or twice a year for camping, probably only in the flatlands of FL.
  • I have no interest in a diesel.
  • We are a family of 5 and need everyone to sit comfortably. This will likely be the last vehicle we buy for quite some time and the kids are going to start growing big soon (9, 6, and almost 3 now)
  • Budget is sub $40,000
  • Preferred years are 2018+ (to avoid inheriting someone else's problems) and, ideally, under 15,000 miles on the odometer.
  • Does Nissan really have a 5 year/100,000 mile warranty compared to everyone else at 3 year/36,000 mile?
  • Anything else you need to know?

I bought a 2015 pro-4x last June with 63000 miles on it. I bought the extended warranty from the dealer, and I am glad I did. It's been in the shop 4x: Radiator leak, heater valve control went out, seat back broke, and the front bumper bolts came loose and dropped the drivers side front bumper 3" lower than the left. I am hoping I have worked out all the bugs now, but I am regretting my purchase. I have been loyal to Toyota my whole life, and this was the first time I strayed. I will be paying the loan off, selling it, and buying a Tundra ASAP.

I bought a 2015 pro-4x last June with 63000 miles on it. I bought the extended warranty from the dealer, and I am glad I did. It's been in the shop 4x: Radiator leak, heater valve control went out, seat back broke, and the front bumper bolts came loose and dropped the drivers side front bumper 3" lower than the left. I am hoping I have worked out all the bugs now, but I am regretting my purchase. I have been loyal to Toyota my whole life, and this was the first time I strayed. I will be paying the loan off, selling it, and buying a Tundra ASAP.

Thanks for the response. Would those things not have been covered under the Nissan warranty? My concern with buying the Pro 4x used is the potential that someone beat the snot out of it during their ownership. Hoping to avoid that by going lower mileage.

I have a 2011 Pro4x that I have beat the piss out of over 150k miles. Zero issues, great truck so far. I'm not sure if that carries over to the newer models but that warranty sounds nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back