Nightforce nxs vs Leupold mark v

Trying to decide between these two scopes. What bothers me is the Leupold claims to be the lightest scope in this class. Seems like another way of saying the flimsiest scope in its class. I have a nightforce on my main rifle now and am very happy with it. Wasn’t really interested in a Leupold until I looked through one and I think the glass is a touch better. But I’ve heard a lot of bad press about Leupold lately. Anyohavr experience with these two scopes?

Light doesn't mean flimsy. If it is designed right you don't need something heavy. What mark 5 are you looking for? Send me a PM

Do yourself a favor a go look at the numerous threads on snipers hide. You're going to find a lot more experience with those two scopes over there than you will here. I think you’d be fine with either option. Pick the reticle you like best and go for it. If you’re looking for a little lighter scope I’d check out March. I’ve always thought their 3-24x42 would make a killer LR shooting/hunting scope

I bought a Huskemaw because it was 9 oz lighter than the nightforce. I know or believe nightforce is a better scope but the Huskemaw has worked great

I was able to compare these two scopes side by side. The Leupold seemed to have better glass. Already have a nightforce atacr do went with the Leupold mark 5 5-25 x 56. Hope it doesn’t disappoint.

I only have the shv but i love that scope. It have opened my up to long range shooting like no other. And realistically any glass better than that is too good for my shitty eyes anyway. But the tracking has been nothing less than perfect. Every time. But leupolds warranty is unbeatable so I really dont hink you can go wrong either way. What ever you choose i hope your happy. Good luck and happy hunting.

You should take a look at the Nightforce NX8 lineup that is coming out. With a 2.5-20 and 4.5-32 and weighing 28oz it might be what you are looking for. I had a chance to look at them at the NRA and they will fit the lightweight longrange hunting crowd nicely.

I'm excited about the NX8 line, can't wait to get my hands on the 2.5-20x50. Going to try it out on my new 300 win mag that I'm having built.

I've had a nightforce NXS for the last couple years....its a great scope but doesn't have the glass that the Mark 5 has. If I had the money I would replace my NXS with a Mark 5 in a heart beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back