NFA Wait Times

Had no intention of buying a second right away but I'm real tempted to get another and file as individual in case my one filed as a trust doesn't get approved in time to get the hunting rifle dialed with it. Just don't want to buy a second and miss the boat on quick approvals and just have two in jail forever...

Anybody know anything about the process of taking a can purchased as an individual and transferring it to a trust? Wondering if I buy one as an individual then get it in hand while the paperwork goes through to transfer it to my trust - would the juice be worth the squeeze?

Anybody know anything about the process of taking a can purchased as an individual and transferring it to a trust? Wondering if I buy one as an individual then get it in hand while the paperwork goes through to transfer it to my trust - would the juice be worth the squeeze?
It's an additional $200 to have an individual NFA item transferred to a trust.

Pick a senator (or both) contact them either by phone or email (usually there's a specific option that you need help with a federal agency).

For your rep in the House: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative
Thank you for the direction. I reached out too the reps. In Alaska our house rep is to the left, and look at our Senators.??? It is frustrating because I left Idaho a year and nine months ago. I had my Idaho enhanced concealed, I had already bought and have my stamps on four cans. Yes I screwed up crossing the border on my move to Alaska and the Canadian Border Persons took three of them. But i was never charged with a crime in Canada, and I havnt had speeding ticket in twelve years. I bought a 10 mm smith and wesson in September, it took the three day wait, and I understand, my address changed. You can not buy a pistol in Alaska unless you are a residence. I am beyond frustrated, and thankful for your pointing me in the right direction.

There are absolutely folks who aren’t price sensitive doing this right now, I’ve suggested it myself. If likely having it sooner is worth more than the extra $200 to you…

I am officially a year plus one. This would be my fifth suppressor. My first one in 2015, 6 months. My second one, big bore harvestor, 5 months. Two others, the tbac ultra 7 and a twenty two cal, 11 months, with back order on both. I had my idaho enhanced concealed until a year ago (expired last may) but I moved to Alaska a year in half ago. Didnt renew it. I bought a new 10 mm smith and wesson hand pistol in september. (6 months into my cuurent suppressor timeline) On a side note, the Canadian border "persons" gladly relieved two of my suppressors (the tbac ultra seven, and big bore harvestor....... and I was totally up front and honest with them). Pretty sure they took them home for themselves. My ignorance on that one, I just have shot for so long with those items on my rifles I assumed they were part of my rifle, and when I moved to Alaska I had so many other thoughts on my mind. I know that aint an excuse, but I have to try to justify it somehow.

So now its a year plus on a tbac ultra 7 gen two. It sucks because its sitting over at Alaska Ammo. My first four were corporate, and this one is indivdual. The only thing in the last year in a half of my life that has changed is i moved to Alaska.
And got busted bringing cans into Canada. Wonder if that's what is hurting you.

Got disapproved doe to a system error. Says resubmit and send an email for accelerated processes. Let’s see how this goes

And got busted bringing cans into Canada. Wonder if that's what is hurting you.
Kind of what I was thinking. But they let me through with five rifles and to continue up to fairbanks. the good news is as I started wondering about the long wait I woke this morning with an email that said approved.

12 1/2 months. But approved.

Got lucky Saturday night at the WSF ID banquet, started the clock in a .22 lr can this morning.

I’m thinking this will need to go on a Ruger Mk 4 Lite. Would be deadly during archery season on grouse.

I have a Silencer Central Banish 22K-V2 DT coming from the sale they had in Nov. Still need to decide on the gun, have the same one on my potential list.

Thank you for the direction. I reached out too the reps. In Alaska our house rep is to the left, and look at our Senators.??? It is frustrating because I left Idaho a year and nine months ago. I had my Idaho enhanced concealed, I had already bought and have my stamps on four cans. Yes I screwed up crossing the border on my move to Alaska and the Canadian Border Persons took three of them. But i was never charged with a crime in Canada, and I havnt had speeding ticket in twelve years. I bought a 10 mm smith and wesson in September, it took the three day wait, and I understand, my address changed. You can not buy a pistol in Alaska unless you are a residence. I am beyond frustrated, and thankful for your pointing me in the right direction.
Why did you have to wait 3 days? Alaska did not have waiting periods the last I checked.

Why did you have to wait 3 days? Alaska did not have waiting periods the last I checked.
I bought it at sportsmans warehouse in Fairbanks and the salesman said that a red flag was thown up after my ncis background check, so I would have to wait but not longer than three days. The only reason I came up with and discussing it with the salesman after I was finally approved was an address change from Idaho to Alaska. As for the can, the guy at Alaska Ammo (where I bought the can) said a lot of people who purchased a can early '23 where seeing long wait times. He said that a couple people were up to 14 months. He also said that if I get a can going again it probably would be a lot quicker. I think this summer (I will be in Idaho for a couple weeks in April, so I will wait to get home) I will just the take same class offered in Alaska that is like the Idaho Enhanced, and not have to deal with a ncis background check everytime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back