Newbie from AZ

Welcome azoutdoors.Isnt this a great site!!!This is by far my favorite.Seems like a lot more real houndsman here and a lot less wannabees than most other sites.
I used to get a kick out of some of the other sites.People would be telling about hunts from that day and I would look and they were posting all day while they were out hunting I guess.Must be that new wireless stuff letting them be online while they were out hunting,right???

Welcome AZOutdoors!! Where did you find out about this forum? We are glad ya made it. pull up a stmp and share some stories! And PICS if ya got em! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Thanks for the greetings! I do not have any pics to share, if or should I say when I do, I will post them.

I actually found out about this group from a posting bcat did at another site. Lucky for me!!!

AZ-I am sure glad ya decided to join us and I will sure try to help ya any way I can. I think there is much to be said about doing it yourself. If I were you I would look around for a good hound. Get in the circle where you can look for a while. Beware of the real "salesman". Sometimes you can pick up a dog real cheap and do OK, but in the hound world you can get burnt pretty bad if ya dont watch your PS's and Q's! The just go out after ya get a couple hounds that you like, and get to know them. Walk up a canyon that you know would support a lion, and let the dogs run and hunt. There is nothing like doing it on your own in my opinion. If ya want to start with a puppy there is even more enjoyment out of training them from dragging a t-bone around in front of them when they are very little to dragging a coon hide to barn cats with a little lion scent on them, then to the hunting of the real thing. You will know your dogs so well by then you know just what they are doing. If ya have any questions at all I would be more than happy to help ya out. I dont have any puppies right now, but I will this spring. We have a walker/blutic female we are breeding to a registered walker male, and both are excellent dogs. I would be more than glad to save ya a pup if you would like. Get with me we may be able to figure something out to get ya started off on the right foot! bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Welcome to MOOSIE'S.. I hear he's quite a guy when He's not patting himself on the BACK...
wink.gif

Glad you found a new HOME!!!!!!

------------------
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> AKA Moose Hunter
<LI> www.huntandlodge.com

moose.gif

[/list]

Back