New Guy from MN

zuba_m

Hi everyone- I’m 36 and live in northern MN. I’ve hunted white tails my whole life and was introduced to the world of elk hunting two years ago.

So two years ago a neighbor/friend of mine asked if I wanted to go elk hunting in Wyoming. I jumped at the opportunity to have someone show me the ropes ( I knew nothing about elk or western big game hunting ). After that hunt I was hooked on elk hunting and wanted more. This past year I was given the opportunity to go elk hunting with 4 other guys in Montana, and now I’m trying to figure out which state to hunt for 2020.

I really want to thank everyone who posts on this website ( I’ve been a member for a little while and this my first post......). There is so much info for a newbie hunter to learn here from all of you.

Hi everyone- I’m 36 and live in northern MN. I’ve hunted white tails my whole life and was introduced to the world of elk hunting two years ago.

So two years ago a neighbor/friend of mine asked if I wanted to go elk hunting in Wyoming. I jumped at the opportunity to have someone show me the ropes ( I knew nothing about elk or western big game hunting ). After that hunt I was hooked on elk hunting and wanted more. This past year I was given the opportunity to go elk hunting with 4 other guys in Montana, and now I’m trying to figure out which state to hunt for 2020.

I really want to thank everyone who posts on this website ( I’ve been a member for a little while and this my first post......). There is so much info for a newbie hunter to learn here from all of you.
Welcome aboard from Rochester, MN!

Welcome. I live just to the north of you in Ontario and hunt out west a fair bit. I am planning to pull the trigger on some elk hunts myself the next few years. How is the whitetail hunting in your area? Always wondered about hunting in Northern Minnesota, being so close.

Welcome. I live just to the north of you in Ontario and hunt out west a fair bit. I am planning to pull the trigger on some elk hunts myself the next few years. How is the whitetail hunting in your area? Always wondered about hunting in Northern Minnesota, being so close.
Plenty of whitetail around. They don’t get as big (antler size) as other areas but they are very good eating- plenty of corn/soybeans/sugar beets to fatten them up

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back