New from Tipperary

Sako75hunter

Hi lads, thanks for accepting me into the community! I live in the county of Tipperary, Ireland. I'm 35 years old, been hunting most my life. Started of with my terriers as a kid hunting rabbits, then got my first shotgun aged 17 and got into duck and pheasant hunting. At 19 I bought a 22wmr lakefield rifle and then onto a Sako 75 in 6.5x55. That was it, I've been deer stalking since. In Tipperary we've got Fallow, Red deer and Sika, fallow been the most plentiful! That's my history, looking forward to some stories!

Welcome! Have always loved “It’s a long way to Tipperary”. Ireland looks like a really neat place to visit/hunt.

Hey lads, thanks for the warm welcome! Yeh, Donegal is about 4hrs drive from me, good part of the country for red deer! But their accents are impossible to understand!😂 Unfortunately we don't have public land to hunt in Ireland, all private but getting permissions is pretty easy! Our deer season starts on the 1st of September to the end of February. I lived in St Brieux, Saskatchewan for a year in 2014, never got the opportunity to hunt while I was there but saw moose and plenty of whitetail deer! Thanks again lads for the welcome!

Welcome! Spent the night in Tipperary some years ago, played a round of golf at the course out on the West side of town.
Hi Tikka, I think that might of been Ballykisteen you golfed in? It's between Tipperary town and limerick?

Welcome. I studied abroad in Cork and have lots of fond memories of Ireland. I hope to make it back some day.

Welcome. I studied abroad in Cork and have lots of fond memories of Ireland. I hope to make it back some day.

Cork is a nice city! I get dragged down there every year for Xmas shopping with the fiancée!😂😂 I'm just an hour north, right in the middle of Tipperary in the Slieveardagh Hills

Cork is a nice city! I get dragged down there every year for Xmas shopping with the fiancée!😂😂 I'm just an hour north, right in the middle of Tipperary in the Slieveardagh Hills

Cork was nice, but the rural areas of Ireland were amazing. I rented a car after my studies and zip-zagged across the country. Spent a night in Cashel and drove through Tipperary town on my way through.

We weren't far away. Toured the Waterford factory on our way to Dublin. Spent the night in Killinick at a nice little B&B after taking the ferry over from Wales. Wouldn't mind visiting again someday.

I'm
Cork was nice, but the rural areas of Ireland were amazing. I rented a car after my studies and zip-zagged across the country. Spent a night in Cashel and drove through Tipperary town on my way through.

Ha, I'm 25minutes east of cashel! Did you go see the rock of cashel? It is a nice country to spin around. I spent 15 years going on foreign holidays, only last year we spent two weeks traveling Kerry, Cork and Clare and it was the best holiday I've ever had!😂

I'm

Ha, I'm 25minutes east of cashel! Did you go see the rock of cashel? It is a nice country to spin around. I spent 15 years going on foreign holidays, only last year we spent two weeks traveling Kerry, Cork and Clare and it was the best holiday I've ever had!😂

Yep. I stopped by the rock. My method was to stop at a B&B and get a recommendation from the owner where to visit next. Went all around Waterford, Wexford, over to Killarney, the Iveragh Peninsula, and up to Sligo. Good times and never been on vacation where locals treat you better.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back