New from South Carolina

BigMonk96

Ran across this site and enjoyed reading some of the post,so I signed on*** May not post a lot,but surely do enjoy reading all the posters and learning new things ,everyday. I'm 71,retired, and enjoy anything outdoors. I was big into bass fishing, but getting older made it harder to sling a lure 9/10 hours and seemed sitting down was just not my style** After my fishing buddy passed,I tried it alone for a few years and that was not to my liking, so I sold the boat and went back to deer hunting about 7 years ago** __ I do love to deer hunt ( peace & quite of the woods ) and the 4-wheeler and ground blinds seem to be the way to go,these days** I have been lucky enough to put a few in the freezer,each year and the wife & I enjoy the meat ( even killed a nice 10 point in 2017 ) -- I play golf 3/4 times a week, ( gambling with my buddies** ) and will buy,swap,sell, a few knives & guns a little along to stay active. Enough of my rambling,and thanks for letting me on this forum -- hope to add a little here and there in the future,have a great day my friends, Monk***;)

I need to talk with some of you SC guys. My in-laws live in Charleston and I would love to explore some of that country to make the trips more bearable. Whether that be in the deer woods or on the water. I need something…

Welcome from NM!

One of my favorite seafood joints of all time is in Ridgeland, SC (Fiddlers).

Ran across this site and enjoyed reading some of the post,so I signed on*** May not post a lot,but surely do enjoy reading all the posters and learning new things ,everyday. I'm 71,retired, and enjoy anything outdoors. I was big into bass fishing, but getting older made it harder to sling a lure 9/10 hours and seemed sitting down was just not my style** After my fishing buddy passed,I tried it alone for a few years and that was not to my liking, so I sold the boat and went back to deer hunting about 7 years ago** __ I do love to deer hunt ( peace & quite of the woods ) and the 4-wheeler and ground blinds seem to be the way to go,these days** I have been lucky enough to put a few in the freezer,each year and the wife & I enjoy the meat ( even killed a nice 10 point in 2017 ) -- I play golf 3/4 times a week, ( gambling with my buddies** ) and will buy,swap,sell, a few knives & guns a little along to stay active. Enough of my rambling,and thanks for letting me on this forum -- hope to add a little here and there in the future,have a great day my friends, Monk***;)
Welcome

Welcome Monk, you hunt local or up toward Union?

I had some very distant kin settle in Abbeville District back before the Revolutionary war and understand their descendants are still found around Clinton and Laurens.

Found Randy on Youtube while quarantining with COVID for two weeks. Loved his straight forward approach with some awesome humor. Ran across this forum when looking for some advice on a new scope for my X Bolt. Seems like some pretty normal and informed hunters hanging around here, so decided to give it a try. I live in NW Minnesota, recently retired and spend time hunting and fishing in Minnesota, Montana and Ontario. Started hunting Mule Deer in Central Montana this year and found it to be a little tougher than it looked on TV. Had a great hunt, but never got inside 400 yards of any bucks. Since that is beyond my current range, I am prepping to expand my shooting skills and equipment out to 500 yards. Also trying to learn how to get closer to those big eared Muleys I am shooting mostly 7mm Rem Mag and 7mm-08 and reloading what I can with limited supplies. Hope to answer some questions with help from you all and give back what I can. Greetings to all!

Welcome Monk, you hunt local or up toward Union?

I had some very distant kin settle in Abbeville District back before the Revolutionary war and understand their descendants are still found around Clinton and Laurens.
tarheel, I hunt local ( Greenwood County ) 4 of us, have 400 acres we lease ( for past 30 or so years ) and hardly ever see each other -- the 3 younger guys still work, so I seldom hunt a week-in, let them chase the "'RACKS"" __ I just about have it to myself during the week -- this year,I got my 3 for the freezer,the first week of rifle season, and haven't been since. Went back to playing golf with my ""Ol' Buds"" -- wife of 50 years, is from Laurens,so you can't never tell, we might be ""Branch Kin"" -- have a great day my friend, Monk**

Back