new from Alabama

A.Maxwell

Hey my name is Andrew, im 19 years old and live in Alabama. Im very passionate about whitetail deer and small game hunting on public land around where i live. I hunt deer, fish, squirrel hunt, dove hunt, rabbit hunt, turkey hunt, trap, and just about everything else besides duck hunt. Went on a trip to big bend national park in Texas last summer and it inspired me to hunt out west, so this October me and my two best friends are going on a Antelope hunt in Wyoming. Im looking forward to being a part of hunt talk! Thanks and God bless.

Great to see another Alabamian on here!

Antelope hunt is on my list too, but I'm trying to get an elk first.

Andrew (that's my name too)

Welcome I must admit from what I've read on outdooralabama your state has my interest piqued but I'm from nevada I'm lucky to draw a deer tag every five years

Welcome I must admit from what I've read on outdooralabama your state has my interest piqued but I'm from nevada I'm lucky to draw a deer tag every five years

Everything here is over the counter besides alligator, and now some people are calling for a season to be opened in some parts of the state for black bears with a limited tag drawing. Our deer season just got extended statewide to Feb 10 so now our gun season is Nov 21-Feb 10, buck or doe. Im not sure about non residents but as a resident i can kill as many does as i want in a season and up to 3 antlered bucks. Our deer season lasts forever, if you include bow season you can hunt from Oct 15-Feb 10, and let me tell you there are some giants running around some of the public land like Sipsey wilderness area.

Coolest thing a about AL is the late rut in south central. Totally changes the dynamic of the hunting season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back