new cva accura v2, powder/bullet questions

huntfishcamp

Just got my new CVA Accura V2, getting ready for CO elk this Fall. Plan to use 100 grains of 777, then hopefully sight in with120 grains if accuracy is there, and use Powerbelt PLATINUM 338 gr Aerotip bullets (not the copper PB's). Am I on the right track?

Sounds like a good start. Might try the blackhorn 209 powder, lots of people swear by that stuff. My accura did not like the 338 platinum bullets but did like the 295 aero tip power belts.

Just got my new CVA Accura V2, getting ready for CO elk this Fall. Plan to use 100 grains of 777, then hopefully sight in with120 grains if accuracy is there, and use Powerbelt PLATINUM 338 gr Aerotip bullets (not the copper PB's). Am I on the right track?

Ditto on the Blackhorn. Unless your into cleaning your bore every couple shots:D

My t TC triumph sure likes the buckhorn. It cleans super easy compared to others I've tried. I load it with 105g with 245g sat.

My CVA accurra V2 loves 110 gr of Blackhorn 209 and 300 gr Thor bullets. Serious elk medicine.

My Accura (not a V2) loves 100 grains of Hodgen's triple 7. I tried 120 grains, but accuracy and grouping is much better with 100. I shoot the 295 grain copper plated hollow points.

My CVA OPTIMA shoots 348 grain Powerbelts great with 100 Grains of Triple 777.
My CVA Wolf shoots 348 Powerbelts with 90 grains of FFF Triple 777.That is what I plan on using this fall for Colorado Elk.

I am not a powerbelt fan. I shoot Hornady FPB's in my knight in CO. They are good if your gun likes them. Thor bullets are also a very good bullet and come in different sizes so you can use the 1 that fits your gun best. I use 100 gr of 777 fffg. Blackhorn 209 is a good powder too, maybe better, I use the 777 because I cant use Blackhorn in WA.

I have heard good things from Black Horn 209,but CVA recommends changing your breech plug to the 209 breech plug and using magnum primers.I may try some this summer.

I am not a powerbelt fan. I shoot Hornady FPB's in my knight in CO. They are good if your gun likes them. Thor bullets are also a very good bullet and come in different sizes so you can use the 1 that fits your gun best. I use 100 gr of 777 fffg. Blackhorn 209 is a good powder too, maybe better, I use the 777 because I cant use Blackhorn in WA.

The FPB is a great bullet with no plastic involved. I like the 777, but last year I picked up some Alliant Black and it is pretty impressive. I had hard rings develop just ahead of where the powder ignites while using 777. This did not happen with the Black. My cheapo Thompson Thunderhawk shoots 1-inch groups with the FPB and Black.

Two white-tailed does felt the wrath of this load last season.

I get a pretty good crud ring with 777 as well. Been thinking about switching over to something else.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back