Caribou Gear

New addition

Good to know, thank you for the feedback.
You’re welcome. I went to Harbor Freight and got myself an awl and that really helped getting the spring out. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you get the spring kit. It’s definitely worth the money.

You’re welcome. I went to Harbor Freight and got myself an awl and that really helped getting the spring out. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you get the spring kit. It’s definitely worth the money.
Getting the factory spring definitely seems to be the biggest gripe from the job. I will be getting an awl before I attempt the swap.

Does this pin need to be removed to clean? I’m not familiar with this pin so I will have to research this cleaning process.
yes it gets removed.
I’ve watched the YouTube vids from Mcarbo and they never perform this pin cleaning, could you explain that process to me or it too complicated?
Basically if your trigger group is all gooped up with coating, drive the pin out after removing the spring. Scrape the coating off and oil it, reinstall and you're good. It doesn't always need it, but your trigger sear could hang up if you dont.

yes it gets removed.

Basically if your trigger group is all gooped up with coating, drive the pin out after removing the spring. Scrape the coating off and oil it, reinstall and you're good. It doesn't always need it, but your trigger sear could hang up if you dont.
Good to know, where is this pin in relation to the pins that hold the trigger assembly to the action?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back