Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Nevada Unit 203

H&H

Drew a tag for Nevada Unit 203 late season archery (December). I plan on doing some camping trips in near future to scout but was looking for any intel on where the deer will be in December and what part of the unit I should be focusing on. Looks like a lot of private in valleys with the desert mountains barren of vegetation. This will be a new way of hunting for me as I have yet to get a buck with the bow. Info I have says focus on creek beds, not sure if that means deer live in them 24/7? I will also be archery hunting Idaho Bull/deer and maybe hunt California if my gun needs to go for a hike, looking forward to share on the success!

Thanks in advance if your willing to share some info.

Thank you all. Seems like a good group of people on here.

Mason Valley and Walker River WMA is where most the public land hunting is done. Make sure to look up the regs on when you can hunt. I’m pretty sure they only allow hunting on certain days but I could be wrong. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on that side of the state. I used to duck hunt on the Mason Valley WMA and help NDOW band ducks when I lived up north.

Fort Churchill also has deer around there. Tracks all over the place there.

Also don’t cancel out around Lahontan. Looks pretty barren but I’ve seen deer around there.

Last edited:
Sassn,

You have given me a couple extra places to look at. You are right on about the days you can hunt on the Mason, because it will be in waterfowl season, it is only open to hunt 3 days a week. So I will need another area or two to hunt on off days. I am waiting on a call back from the biologist and will be heading over to camp in June and will check out those other areas.

Thanks for the response!

Drew a tag for Nevada Unit 203 late season archery (December). I plan on doing some camping trips in near future to scout but was looking for any intel on where the deer will be in December and what part of the unit I should be focusing on. Looks like a lot of private in valleys with the desert mountains barren of vegetation. This will be a new way of hunting for me as I have yet to get a buck with the bow. Info I have says focus on creek beds, not sure if that means deer live in them 24/7? I will also be archery hunting Idaho Bull/deer and maybe hunt California if my gun needs to go for a hike, looking forward to share on the success!

Thanks in advance if your willing to share some info.
Hope you got one

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back