Yeti GOBOX Collection

Nevada 061/071

Cammy

Went to Nevada to scout this weekend in 061/071 in preparation for an early cow tag. Had the wife and dogs with me so it was more of a road trip/windshield tour to get an idea of the landscape than an actual scouting trip. Saw a ton of wild open country and met a few interesting people along the way. Saw everything but elk in our couple hundred mile journey. Even visited the small town of Jarbridge which was pretty interesting. Would hate to commute out of there to anywhere as the road out of town has a 15% grade going over the mountain.
Hope that weather and seasonal movement of elk along with many prayers for a safe and successful hunt helps me fill a freezer in about a month.

I've been on that road many times and yes it is quite steep. A lot of hunters who use a travel trailer come in from Murphy's Hot Springs north of Jarbidge. That road is good even in the winter.
The first time we went to the tiny town of Jarbidge was in the late 60's before NV went to a draw system. Jarbidge was a very popular place with hunters.
I sure hope the weather cools off in time for your hunt. Good luck to you.

I wondered how guys get in there with trailers or even the fuel truck that delivers to the gas station. Would not want to bring a truck down that road!

The 1st time we went we pulled a trailer from Elko. Never again! Lol. Go in from Rogerson, ID. We saw about 50 head on Copper Mountain the last week in July, I’ve seen them at the same place on several occasions. It’s a hike though. Good luck!

There are good elk in Coon Creek along the West side of the Jarbidge Wilderness. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back