Neoprene Vests

I cut the armpits out further on my dogs vest. It had bar tacks sewn in to accommodate doing so.
He's also got a flotation vest that's big enough to fit over the neoprene. We use that on big water. When the wind picks up here it gets scary, quick.

I bought the MOmarsh vest that allows adjustments from a poodle to a great dane. My dog is a tall, muscular 103 lbs with a deep chest. Vests used to be expensive and annoying.

Not to derail the thread too much, but how do you tell when your dog is too cold? House dog/couch potato that gets to hunt a few times a year probably isn't as tough as the concrete-slab outdoor kennel dogs. I didn't grow up somewhere as cold as Montana, so this is a new concern for me.

Not to derail the thread too much, but how do you tell when your dog is too cold? House dog/couch potato that gets to hunt a few times a year probably isn't as tough as the concrete-slab outdoor kennel dogs. I didn't grow up somewhere as cold as Montana, so this is a new concern for me.
From what I experienced, shivering and lethargic behavior are the two visible signs.

From what I experienced, shivering and lethargic behavior are the two visible signs.
I haven't ever noticed the lethargy, but I've seen a lot of dogs shivering through the years, especially watching filmed hunts- nobody really seemed concerned by it, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back