Need some help/advice

tarheel

Will be headed up I-25 to Douglas, then Wy 59 to Gillette end of Sept. and would like to find a public rifle range with 300yd capability so as to finalize my sight-in. Does anyone have any knowledge of such a range?

Are you just looking for a range in either Douglas or Gillett or just somewhere along the way? My uncle lives in Douglas and im pretty sure that there is a pretty nice range there.

Just somewhere along the way would fit into my plans. My nephew will be coming up from Texas and we both need to sight in at altitude and in the event things get jiggled off center along our respective long drives. I'll be in the Denver area for a few days prior to heading North and will try to locate something there as a first option, but in the event that doesn't work out it would be nice to have a backup. Any info you could provide would be appreciated. The only bad part is that we'll be traveling up toward Gillette on a Sunday and that alone might limit the possibilities.

Newcastle

There is a gun club in Newcastle that opens it's doors to the public ($5 fee) the week before the October opener. It's a little bit out of the way but you could take Rt. 85 straight into town then head up Rt 16 when you're done. It's set up for 300 yards+ with steel targets out at the longer distances to give instant feed back.

The extra distance is no problem, but we won't hit the hunt area until the 3rd of Oct. after some of the dust has settled. If they're to only be open to the public the week prior to opener, we might just be day late/dollar short. I'll get on the web white pages and try to make contact with someone who can answer those questions. Thanks tremendously for the helpful reply.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back