Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Nebraska turkey help

sigpros

Ok guys so I'm going to get back into turkey hunting. I haven't been in like 17 years. I want to try Nebraska. I really want a Merriam but I'm not opposed to hunting the east side of the state. Looking for a place to take my 12 year old son and possibly the wife too. I would like them to get on a bird since neither have ever taken a turkey. Any public places to check out? Also any good campîng spots? The boy really wants to do a campîng hunt. Also what's all the new turkey gear? I need decoys and anything else that's new out and might help a guy.

Some things to consider:

You'll probably have a greater appreciation for this trip if you do the research yourself rather than follow someones reply of: "hunt here or here" or "camp here or here"

Google image search: "turkey distribution map nebraska" and check out the first 20 hits - this will give you an idea of where the different turkey subspecies live in NE

Maybe pick a general region of the state to narrow your search, i.e. decide if you want to drive 2 hrs or 8.

Check out https://maps.outdoornebraska.gov/PublicAccessAtlas/ will show you all the public hunting locations in the state. Click on any public area on this tool and it will tell you what game species are hunted there.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back