Nebraska Archery Mule Deer

bmoran93

Hey guys! I’m planning my first out west trip this year and I think I’d like to cut my teeth on mule deer in Nebraska! I’d like to take my bow. It’s OTC and tags are relatively inexpensive.... so if I eat tag soup I’m not out $400+. I’m thinking west side of the state. Can anyone advise a county with good public access for mule deer? Anything is helpful! Thanks guys.

Nebraska might be a wonderful place to hunt but I wouldnt let tag price be the deciding factor on where you go. The extra $150+/- that it may cost to hunt in another state is a drop in the bucket when looking at the total trip cost especially if it greatly improves your experience

Most of the public land in Nebraska is in the northwest and central part of the state. Generally, the northwest country is ponderosa pine country and central Nebraska is open prairie. There are smaller parcels of public land all around western Nebraska.

There are lots of acres of private walk-in land just south of me. It is cedar-lined ridges and canyons. There are some good deer around, but you will have to work for them. Most other private land is problematic, as people are pretty protective of their bucks. Many land owners keep it for friends and family, or lease it. If you decide to do it, get a map from the Game and Parks, or look it up on On-x (definitely get the chip).

If you came up with that Idea, so did 10,000 other guys.

Unlimited otc cheap tags, little to no public land.

Vacation time is more valuable than money.

I wouldn't waste it in NE.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back