Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

ND SB 2179

Heck, .22lr is the poacher weapon of choice. Subsonic suppressed sounds about the same as a compound bow.

I don’t get why people would want to not use the most effective hunting calibers available. There are so many great choices.

The current language: "- Centerfire rifles of .22 to .49 caliber, and muzzleloading rifles of .45 caliber or larger, are legal for deer. Magazine capacity is unlimited. Centerfire rifles of .50 caliber or larger using smokeless powder with a case length of greater than 3.5 inches are prohibited."

Is the intent to legalize the 50 BMG?

The current language: "- Centerfire rifles of .22 to .49 caliber, and muzzleloading rifles of .45 caliber or larger, are legal for deer. Magazine capacity is unlimited. Centerfire rifles of .50 caliber or larger using smokeless powder with a case length of greater than 3.5 inches are prohibited."

Is the intent to legalize the 50 BMG?
I'm not sure, but they didn't use "centerfire" in the proposed bill. The legislator's have 650 days between sessions to have someone proof read their proposed bills.

5 sponsors and this language is as clear as mud. Wait till you read HB1377, a bill that allows party hunting for deer.

I saw that! Or 50% off property taxes if enrolled in PLOTS, every field turned over 4 times, black, before October will be enrolled.
5 sponsors and this language is as clear as mud. Wait till you read HB1377, a bill that allows party hunting for deer

SB 2179 is in consideration to be withdrawn and the ND Game and Fish will allow 50 cal(which was the primary intent of the bill) by proclamation.

That is the word I'm hearing.

Last edited:
Back