National Elk Refuge Question

I thought a type-6 cow/calf tag would not qualify one for an NER access permit? Has to be a "full price" tag (eg a type 4 antlerless instead of the reduced price type 6 cow/calf). I will never understand why Wyoming has an antlerless elk tag and then a different classification for cow/calf.

Aside, does anyone know where I can find the odds of drawing an NER access permit in the initial draw? Specifically wondering about the draw odds for the youth only slot for the thurs-sat of Thanksgiving week. And are the draw odds worse for a nonresident youth?
I know this is an older thread but I too was looking for historical draw data for permission slips and found this thread. I talked to 3 different game and fish folks today and 2 didn’t have a clue what I was asking and the 3rd (in Cheyenne) said they did not have that data.

I know this is an older thread but I too was looking for historical draw data for permission slips and found this thread. I talked to 3 different game and fish folks today and 2 didn’t have a clue what I was asking and the 3rd (in Cheyenne) said they did not have that data.
I don't believe they exist. I was looking for the same thing for an HMA for pronghorn and couldn't find it. Nevertheless, you can get a good idea of your odds if you find out how many tags are issued for the unit divided by the amount of permission slips they issue. For the NER, I'm not sure if that will apply.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back