Nallo 2 or Soulo

C Bow

Can I please ask if anyone has experience with the Nallo 2 and Soulo Hilleberg tents. I had a Unna liked it but no vestibule. I have tried floorless and do not like floorless. I am going back to a Hilleberg I am just not sure the Soulo will have enough room.

Mason326

Watching. Out of curiosity do you have to deal with snow loading? I have neither but am interested in both, but can't quite get over the Nallo's slanted footbox. Can't imagine it sheds or supports snow as well as a dome/freestander? Don't want to wake up to wet feet touching the tent top.

SnowyMountaineer

With a long bag the Nallo is functionally too short for my taste. It does fine with snow IME. Like you I had an Unna but it wasn't for me. To me the Niak is a pretty perfect 1+ shelter. It's tough enough to handle moderate snow and wind, and I've used it as a cozy 2 man fine as well. It's a pound lighter than the Soulo with lots more room. If you absolutely have to have bombproofness so be it, but the Niak is burlier than most other brands 4-season tents that I've used anyway.