Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Mystery Ranch accessories?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20812

I'm looking for ideas to add a little additional cargo space to my Longbow, but am also considering just buying a Metcalf.

Has anyone used the Long Pouches or the Rip Zip pouches?

Here is the dilemma I'm trying to solve. I can fit all of my gear in the Longbow, but then have to figure out a way to pack my food. Last year I put in in two stuff sacks and attached them via the side compression straps. It worked okay, but not great.

One alternative I'm exploring is getting a Kifaru Mega Pullout, and compressing that between the bag and NICE frame.

The other alternative is to add two Long Pouches and see if I can then get my food inside of the bag.

The Mega Pullout is the cheaper option, and seems like it would work very slick as I could then hang the pullout for my bear storage. My only worry is how the pack would ride. It would seem like having the food right next to the frame would work fine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Could trade me my Wolf Alpha and lid :). Although I am hoping to finally dignify that purchase with some multi-day excursions this year. The main bag is to much for a day trip for me. The lid is much to small now that I added a camera and 2 lenses. Anyways, sorry I am not much help :(. Hope someone else can!

What about the NICE Load cell?

I use one or two with my crew cab. They do work great for organizing... and easy to hang one up in a tree with your food. Bit of a weight penalty vs a lightweight dry bag. Not sure how it would be compressed between longbow and frame, sure it would work ok but I don't own a longbow so haven't tried it.

I think a dry sack between the bag and frame with heavier items or clothes. That being said, I recently sold my Long Bow and am now sporting the Metcalf.

My MRMC works well for me, here is a pic with all my gear & 5days food. Contents: MSR tent, JB stove, food, BA sleep pad, BA pillow, 2 changes of clothes, sleep clothes, game bags, tarp, water purifier pump, sleeping bag, lid filled with misc. necessity items.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 823

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back