My second bait site pics....

supersider34

Here is my normal baite site. I got up there just at daylight and got out of there by 8:00. Went in and got out so I could get out.
This pic is of my bait and where the trail cam is set up at. This should be what the cam pics look like. As you can see from last year you can still see the grease still on the tree's. Also found hair off a bear on the two trees. I believe the color of the hair was blonde. I hope so because that one would be the one I take as that is the color that is hardest to find.
137122.jpg

This pic is looking up the canyon from bait site #2. This one has alot of trees compared to the other bait site. The big bear I shot last year came right down the bottom of this canyon.
137121.jpg

The bears sneak down threw these trees. On the top of the ridge me and my brother found a bear trail on top. This is where the other bears where coming down threw. Also have my trail cam attached to the small tree that is in the second pic. You can see where I broke some of the branches to attach it.
137123.jpg

137126.jpg

This last pic is where I sit to watch my bait. When the Thermals change at night my scent blows right up this ridge and keeps my scent off the bottom of the canyon where bears come down threw and also from the south slope where they sneak down threw the trees. Also the downed tree in this pic is where I will set up a ground blind for when I use my bow. Wife and kids grandpa will be up where I shot mine from last year.
137124.jpg

Ten bears I have a friend that lives in Post Falls that baits up there and has taken quite a few bears in the spring. His bait site has been established for years though.

Looks like you got it all planned and layed out nicely. Hope all goes well for a successful season for you.Looking forward to some pics.

Does your freind bait in 2,3, or 5? I hear all 3 are good units. I've never done much spring bear, or baiting.

I think its unit 5. Not exactly sure. But I know that it closes before my hunt does and mine closes May 31. I never have hunted up there and I have never asked him where.
I know he has hunted with a rifle up in unit 1 without bait though. Says has seen quite a few up that way.

John up there has taught me how to bait. He has been hunting bears for over 20 yrs up there. he is great as he gives me advice freely with nothing in return. I believe his biggest bear is 19 14/16 P&Y. I met him on another site.
Yes I think he uses the same stuff but also other stuff to. But does bait every spring and fall. I like baiting in the spring as there is no other hunters out and about at this time. I know he has a bait site that is established for yrs and has offered me to come up there and hunt with him.
You should start baiting up there as he told me there are lots of bears up there.
Good luck.

I use bread,donuts and grease in the spring and also after a bear starts hitting it I turn to meat scraps. I only make sure not to use alot of bones as the bears will haul them off and have something to chew on till it turns to dark. This is why i bait them till the last week of season when they are used to coming in and don't feel its a threat. Also there will be more bears coming in as if a sow comes in and a boar smells her there he will be more apt to stick around and stay close. I am going to go up this weekend when I have time to put out some smelly stuff for scent.
There are also alot of guys on here that have alot of knowledge of bears to. I pick things up by reading there posts. I have learned things from everything I have read. Smart hunters with lots of experience.

Back