My First Bear

Elkhunter

Well it may not have been the total hunting experience, but I got my first bear today. We just finished having dinner on the deck, nice juicy steaks and came inside. We were not inside for more than about 15 seconds when LB said there was a bear outside. Naturally I thought she was full of it and walked over to the door to the deck. Well sure enough, there was a friggin bear eating our birdseed at our deck. I yelled at it and it ran about 30 feet and came back. Heck with the screen door, I pulled the glass door across and told LB to call 911 so they could contact G&F. I then went and got my .454 Casull and the pepper spray while we were waiting for G&F to get here. It took him about 40-45 min to get here and used cracker shells on it and it ran and climbed a big cottonwood tree. Then it came back down and the cracker shots meant nothing to it. He then used pepper spray and it ran back up the tree. He emptied the whole can on it and it had absolutely no effect on it. It climbed about 25 feet up and stayed there. Being that there is no ordanance against discharging a firearm (called the sheriff office)and I had a bear tag they said it would be leagal for me to take it. Problem was my tag was in my truck which was in town at the shop. He gladly took me into town to get my tag and back up here before daylight ended. Well the rifle I bought just for bear got Christened tonight, POW!!!! the 45/70 hit it's mark and it came crashing down and hit the ground like a ton of bricks. Only got a couple of pictures on digital so here is one of them.

DSC00756.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back