Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT Unit 327

elk addict

So I am moving out of MT (to southern Idaho). Normally I hunt in SE MT for mule deer. I don't really have time to drive that far this year, so I've been looking at SW MT.

Can anyone tell me if 327 is worth spending some time hunting? Unfortunately, with the move and starting a new job, I won't have much time to scout this season, unfortunately.

Or any other general pointers would be much appreciated.

I don't generally hunt that far east, but I do fish the Madison. I imagine access will be difficult for you. I do see some antelope down that way, maybe closer to the main stem of the Madison.

Centennial valley.
Plenty of antelope and elk. Mule deer are not as plentiful, but have seen a few decent bucks over the years. Plenty of public and block management. Lots of road hunters

I haven't spent a ton of time in 327 but I have spent a few days in the eastern portion of the unit. I saw some deer but was primarily looking for elk when I was there. If you are horn hunting, I don't think your looking at the right unit. If you are just looking to put a little meat in the freezer, I would be willing to bet you will do okay there, as long as your willing to get away from the roads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooterwallace78
Back