Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT HD 123 Ram Tag intel

psubowhunter54

Hey all,

Curious if anyone has previously drawn the HD 123 Cabinet ram tag in Montana. Hoping to start off with some biologist info and move out from there. If anyone has and is willing to offer some info, I'd be extremely grateful. Cheers!

Last edited:
Are you asking about unit 123 Cabinet Mtn Wilderness or unit 124 Paradise/Knowles Creek?

You can PM me as well, but I will probably tell you pretty much the same as Gerald. I am planning to spend a bunch of time over the next few months up there looking at goats, so I'll keep an eye out for any rams too. Oh, and Randy is spot on. That is one of the more physically demanding sheep hunts in the state.

You can PM me as well, but I will probably tell you pretty much the same as Gerald. I am planning to spend a bunch of time over the next few months up there looking at goats, so I'll keep an eye out for any rams too. Oh, and Randy is spot on. That is one of the more physically demanding sheep hunts in the state.
PM Sent! Thank you!

Congratulations! I sent you a pm. I’ve been privileged to sheep hunt this unit quite a few years with friends and family. It’s truly a sheep hunt of a lifetime. Most every ram killed in this unit is a well deserved trophy as none come easy. I would be happy to share my experiences with the highs and lows of the hunts.

Much appreciated Paul for starting this thread and thanks to everyone who has chimed in thus far - I am the very fortunate recipient of the 123 Ram tag in question.

I am open to any and all advice to help me make this a successful hunt and am very grateful for those willing to share.

Dang, I'd say so...Did any of those guys look like mature rams? I'm hoping I can find these guys or one of their buddies in a bit more accessible area.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back