Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT Elk B tag drawing questions

Derek44

Hey all and happy Sunday. I had a couple questions in regards to the Elk B tags. Mainly the 399-00 I think it was. I see the app deadline for that is 6-1. My question is, do you have to hold a general tag as a prerequisite to entering that draw? Also, I see on go hunt, it has odds for the point system attached to it, and I was wondering if for that particular draw, it is referring to Preference Points, or Bonus Points. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Reason for question is, I put in a party application for the general combo, but my hunting partner didn’t get his application in on time so I’m brainstorming ways we can pick him up a tag so we can still hunt together this fall.

Last edited:
You do not have to hold a general license to apply for B tags. Just the prerequisite conservation, base hunting etc. Preference points are for the combination (big game, elk & deer combos) and bonus points are for permits and B tags (for deer and elk anyway). Not sure what gohunt is referencing for that draw but I think the 399-00 odds for NR were around 20% for first choice in 2020. Here’s a link to FWP’s draw stats:

Might be some over the counter antlerless WT licenses for your districts if all else fails.

Thanks for confirming that. I appreciate the reply. Go hunt shows 14% for zero points and 26% for one point. Really hoping to get it figured out. I’m still only in the general draw with one point, so first things first anyway. Haha. Gotta get that one pinned down. Have a great day and thanks again for answering my question. Saved me a call to FWP this morning.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back