NEW SITKA Ambient 75

MT/CO Safari Stage I complete

Bambistew

Just checking in for a quick second. Story and pictures to follow in about a week or so...

To make a long story short. We ran out of elk tags (6) by day 4. :) Conditions were awesome for elk slaying and the deer rut was in full swing. I saw 2 deer that I'm pretty confidant would have easily made book, and a bunch of others in the 170-180" range. And a couple other guys in my group said that they saw a buck that made the two book deer I saw look like puppies... If I could only draw a tag.

Got to get my stuff packed for MT, leave in the morning. Word on the street is, my 'guide' has a couple nice bulls tied up. More later...

Good luck on the MT leg of the safari and looking forward to some pics from CO. BTW, let me know where all these book deer are and I will make sure I put in for that unit.:D

Sounds like a good hunt, BS. Good luck in MT.

Miller, if you haven't started applying yet, you'll likely never draw that unit. ;)

Never draw?
hmmm... that's means either Unit 10 or the gunnison basin.
I'm planning on burning some pref. points next fall to hunt deer in the gunnision basin again. I love that place.
Good job on the elk BS, and good luck in Montana!
Can't wait to hear the stories!

What a punk making me drool like this. Come on Ivan, give us at least one picture with a post like that!

Good luck buddy.

justdada said:
Never draw?
hmmm... that's means either Unit 10 or the gunnison basin.
I'm planning on burning some pref. points next fall to hunt deer in the gunnision basin again. I love that place.
Good job on the elk BS, and good luck in Montana!
Can't wait to hear the stories!

Didn't say never draw...

I can confirm what Bambi said about the Muleys, I was there!!
Where we hunted was like a "petting zoo". Frigg'in Muleys have pretty much no fear of man.
I owe a big thanks to Bambi for getting me on this trip with him and his buddies.
Finally broke my elk cherry after two previously unsuccessful "guided" hunts.
It took me 4 days, but, I was able to smack the heart outta a bull at about 500 yds. with the 300RUM. He's a typical Co. raghorn 5X4, but, he's solid gold to me!!
Great trip, learned alot, and actually was able to breathe after a couple of days.
We took 4 bulls, a cow and a yearling cow in 4 days. Not bad when you consider that 2 of us ( not counting BS ) were rookie easterners from Chithole, Md.!!!:D

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back