More Bear Pictures

I have the song you find out who your friends are playing in my head and a conversation going like this.
Me:" Gotta go get my trailcam wanna go for a hike?
Buddy: sure why not, wait your camera is where? That bear is on your camera? Ya know what, what if I buy you a new camera...

Yikes man, those are some big creatures! I know you’re retired and have an impressive gun collection, but we can start a GoFundMe deal next time so you don’t have to enter the lair to get a camera. 😬😱
I will tell you that I was alone when I went back to retrieve the camera. I had a 270 with 5 rounds in it and was watching and listening hard for any bear that may want to turn me into dinner...

I will tell you that I was alone when I went back to retrieve the camera. I had a 270 with 5 rounds in it and was watching and listening hard for any bear that may want to turn me into dinner...
I think I would’ve taken my shotgun with deer slugs- I grew up with shotguns, and still shoot them better than rifles.

I keep going back to the 4th pic down....it's what bad dreams are made of.....Jeez, imagine coming face to face with him!

Those are some healthy bears!

These pictures show just how massive the bear is compared to a full sized elk. Granted the elk is down and partially consumed, but look at the antlers and the size of that bear…

E983A65A-0F35-4EA1-AFC6-8F8FC3ABB002.jpeg51033C34-A65F-4B07-BF1A-E39F26B27576.jpeg

No doubt about his size. Killed a few big black bears in Saskatchewan, one 500lb and that grizz makes him look small.
No kidding, I don’t think many people know how big a bear is. They are deceiving in what their body size really is. I doubt that many people have ever seen a 500 pound bear, certainly not a 500 pound black bear.

Like you say, this griz will dwarf a 500# bear. I doubt there have ever been many 500 pound black bears in Montana, but grizzlies are another story.

Now that's a bear! My wife had a 150lb black bear 20 yards away 2 evenings ago under her deer stand. Told her there's nothing to worry about, they're chickens!

That would've been a different story! Certainly not bear I'd want to bump into unless I was bear hunting!

No kidding, I don’t think many people know how big a bear is. They are deceiving in what their body size really is. I doubt that many people have ever seen a 500 pound bear, certainly not a 500 pound black bear.

Like you say, this griz will dwarf a 500# bear. I doubt there have ever been many 500 pound black bears in Montana, but grizzlies are another story.
Saw in your earlier post you had a 270 when retrieving your camera. I have a 270 weatherby mag and would of felt undergunned against that big nasty bear. We used stick and string on our bears in Saskatchewan but they won’t eat and bury you like that one did.

Back