Montana opener

Tagged out yesterday morning was done hunting in less then an hour. Found a group the night before while scouting went back the next morning and they were sitting on a private section between 2 chunks of block mgmt land, i decided to sit on the fence line and waited for them to cross, only took about 5 min and the group crossed and he was down. Spent the rest of the day cruising the unit, saw 1 other group of 20+ all does other then that a couple groups of 2-3 all on private, really surprised the lack of antelope.
View attachment 198661
When fish and game actually cuts tags you can bet it’s bad. Mule deer doe tags in eastern Montana were cut this year as well as Antelope…

When fish and game actually cuts tags you can bet it’s bad. Mule deer doe tags in eastern Montana were cut this year as well as Antelope…
I was surprised the number of mule deer does i saw, granted I havent hunted this area before but i saw easily 200+ in the 24 hours i spent in the unit driving around. Saw probably 10-15 bucks all small except 1.

Fun to watch the out of towners go from where are the decent bucks to where are the deer. On public at least. I just tell them to look in the mirror. Last group was north dakotans last year with a truck load of does happy they could shoot something. They said numbers are really down what’s going on… look in the mirror I replied.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back