Montana Moose Habits

Roadgoat

Any thoughts on the timing of peak rut and when does it taper down in southern MT?

Post rut, will a bull pull back into thick/rough country like some bull elk do?

I would say the peak is now and maybe a short while longer. I think moose are different than elk and go to same winter areas but likely different than their summer areas. I’ve been hunting a challenging moose unit with a close friend. It can be a real time suck and roll of the dice. Good luck if you have a permit.

I would say the peak is now and maybe a short while longer. I think moose are different than elk and go to same winter areas but likely different than their summer areas. I’ve been hunting a challenging moose unit with a close friend. It can be a real time suck and roll of the dice. Good luck if you have a permit.
Thanks @Greenhorn. Helping a friend as well. Lots of solo bulls the last few days. Good luck to you and your friend.

Saw a really nice bull yesterday while out duck hunting. I would have taken him. He was all on his own but he was covering some country, most likely looking for some ladies.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back