Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Montana Bison Hunt Roster 385-77

Levajo

Hey all,

I am 3rd on the bison hunt roster for 385-77. I am just wondering how likely it is that they will be activating the hunt roster? Do the bison migrate out pretty consistently over by Gardiner? Has anyone been called out on the bison roster before for this unit in the last few years?
Thanks for any input.

There was no migration during last season, the bison started coming out of the park about a week after. The tribes took quite a few after that, but no roster folks got to hunt. A very good friend of mine was number 24 on the list, and was free to hunt as long as he could, but didn’t get a call.

The hunt really comes down to weather, it has to get really bad, really early to push them out in numbers big enough to hold the cow/ calf hunts. There haven’t been any the past two years. I get down there quite a bit to witness the migration, and mostly to see the bighorn sheep and big bull elk in the Gardiner Basin.

You are very fortunate to get so low on the list, I think I’m number 2788 or some shit. I hope we have a crappy winter so you get a call! Good Luck! Pray for lots of snow!

There was no migration during last season, the bison started coming out of the park about a week after. The tribes took quite a few after that, but no roster folks got to hunt. A very good friend of mine was number 24 on the list, and was free to hunt as long as he could, but didn’t get a call.

The hunt really comes down to weather, it has to get really bad, really early to push them out in numbers big enough to hold the cow/ calf hunts. There haven’t been any the past two years. I get down there quite a bit to witness the migration, and mostly to see the bighorn sheep and big bull elk in the Gardiner Basin.

You are very fortunate to get so low on the list, I think I’m number 2788 or some shit. I hope we have a crappy winter so you get a call! Good Luck! Pray for lots of snow!

You are almost 2000 people ahead of me. I’m #4711. I didn’t even realize that many people applied for it.

Also just curious how do you get near the top of the roster. Is it pure chance or is it in order of how soon you apply after it opens or does it have to do with where you fall in the draw?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back