meat tenderizer/jerky slicer machine?

MThuntr

Anyone using one of those meat tenderizer and/or jerky slicer machines? Manual or electric. Particularly curious in the below product that does both. Wanting to up my chicken fried steak game and maybe make jerky that is consistently sliced.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 095456.jpg

No experience with that particular brand, but cubers are the bomb! Chicken fried steaks, sizzles sammies, veni parm, etc. My old man has one that attaches to his grinder. Not as good as the commercial stuff he used years ago, but definitely gets the job done.

...and now I'm hungry!

I've never used the jerky slicer but have used a cuber in the past. They work pretty good but I haven't used it much lately because I've stopped cutting steaks and just freeze whole muscle groups. I'll definitely up your chicken fried game

I have a jerky slicer wheel that goes with my cuber on my LEM meat grinder. The attachment is almost as much as some of the grinders.

We are in the process of making a batch of jerky. I've only done it once before but plan to do a lot more of it in the future. I just used my little meat slicer to cut the meat. What is this cuber and jerky slicer you are all talking about? I have a weston meat grinder and just saw I can get an attachment for it. Is this a must have?

I’ve got one I’ve had for years. I don’t have the electric motor though. I only use it as a tenderizer. It works great and it’s fast. Well worth the 50$ I paid for it.

Nice I opted for the manual one since the motorized one got bad reviews about the motor. I've done everything by hand but if I can speed the process that would be great. I have 3 deer and want to make some cutlets and jerky for Christmas gifts. I know several family members that would shovel down a chicken fried steak and never question its origin but turn their nose at deer. Should speed cutting jerky evenly too.

Plus I'm striving to make @Nameless Range coffee table book one Chicken Fried Steaks on day.

Last edited:
I have a LEM slicer and cuber. It slices ok as long as there is no tendon or grisle, as an zero. It's a POS to be honest. My buddy has an old industrial cuber, that you could run anything through it, zero issues.

I've made 1000s of pounds of jerky and find a knife on semi frozen meat is the easiest, a commercial grade meat slicer is the only thing better. YMMV

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back