Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Meat in the freezer!

Roadtrip

What a way to start the season off. I'm still here in Colorado relaxing and waiting on the processor to finish my burger and sausage. Day one was a heartbreaker after a wallhanger saw us just as we saw him. Seeing a nice 6x6 here in a public National Forest hunt (San Juan)is a rare thing indeed. Rest of the day and evening we saw nothing but beef cows, grouse, rabbits an muley does that could care less about hunting season. Even the weather turned against us with a warm windy high pressure front. Sunday morning saved the hunt when I slipped down on a 4x5 with a broken tine and pole axed him with my muzzleloader. So cool getting close and using iron sights. 5 hours later he was hanging in a walk in cooler aging nicely. Strangely they aren't rutting here on the Lone Cone yet and only a few bugles. Lots of water and food as well as the fat on his back tells me that this should be a great year for the Elk here in SW Colorado. Enough of my ramble, I'm going to have another glass of wine, glass the hill for some more elk, and start thinking about next months hunt in NM. I wish all of you equal if not more success on your hunts. BTW, the tenderloin smells good :)

Cheers, Roadtrip

I do have a couple of pics and I'll post them after I get the film done. Wife won't let me take her digital cam in the back country so I just buy those disposable deals. They are light and cheap. Father in Law has never been west of TN so this one was special even if we didn't get that big one.

Cheers, Roadtrip

Excellent news and Congrats to you.. You've got it pretty rough i'd say.. haha. Congrats again.

Muzz,
Thanks again for helping me out when I was out your way. That meat stayed frozen all the way home without any dry ice in those cooler. Also I am indebted to ya for holding my gear at the house. Any luck yet on your Dad or Bro's tags?

Cheers
Roadtrip

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MachineSub GN 4576225912G
Back