Mathews Vertix

Phaseolus

Does anybody have experience with the newer Vertix? I’m thinking of using my COVID money to help out the local archery store. I shot it there a couple of months ago and thought it pricey. I haven’t shot much in the last 20 years and the technology is pretty awesome.

I have the Triax draw cycle not as smooth as the Z7 which is what I switched from but overall a good bow. Technology has really advanced.

Price point wise look at a Hoyt Nitrux as a comparison. Pretty similar bows. I believe the Hoyt has a more traditional grip angle? I also believe the Hoyt is a bit cheaper (not much) but comparable bows.

I have a vertix and love it. Probably the smoothest bow I’ve ever shot. And I’m very happy if I had to do it all over again I’d do the same and wouldn’t think twice.

As far as your comment on price, unfortunately that is how all higher end bows run nowadays. That aside, I picked up my Vertix last year and absolutely love it. Fast bow, exceptionally quite and in my opinion, this bow excels when it comes to a lack of vibration. I also really like the new grips that Mathew's has used. Bows are similar to boots, they will fit each person different and you should go with what is comfortable with you to shoot. However I am biased towards the Vertix and will throw my vote that way.

J
20200322_094411.jpg

I really liked the vertix but I couldn’t get it in my draw length so went with it’s bigger brother the vxr. From what I’m told they are very similar. Love my vxr so can’t imagine you would be disappointed with the vertix.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors
Back