Caribou Gear Tarp

Marriage advice for a newbie

Read "The Gift of the Magi" by O. Henry. That's what it's about. Treat her like gold and she'll treat you like gold.

wllm1313, sawtooth, ajricketts and viking guy ---I was also thinking that 'after" the picnic the op

should play another song by Brad Paisley , just to make sure she doesn't forget-------- he can be nice and thoughtful, BUT

" I'm still a guy." by Brad Paisley

;)

Sounds cheesy and overused but seriously just marry your best friend and that will make a big difference. My wife doesn’t even hunt but tolerated and actually invites any taxidermy I want to bring into the house and I tolerate and encourage the things she’s into as well like going to the beach. At the end of the day I’d never trade her for anyone and she wouldn’t either.

I was watching local news here in ne ohio many years ago and the had a couple on that was celebrating their 75 wedding anniversary. They were talking about them and they went to the husband and asked him (he could barely pick up his head ) whats the secret to 75 years of marriage? He said 2 tv's .... I almost pissed my pants laughing. Seriously though after being married almost 20 years and seeing my childhood friends in their marriages its all different. Do what works for you guys and everything else don't mean crap. Its hard being married sometimes and great others. Put your family first and keep looking up ... especially when your going through rough times.

I have been married for 55 years to the same fine lady and have hunted the world more than most men could dream. Here are a few things that have worked for me:
husband must realize there is no sentence worth finishing.
husband must know there is no argument worth winning.
keep his mouth shut, and checkbook open.

Congrats newlywed.
If ya wanna aquire property n stuff associated, I would suggest bowing to your frugality. Put as much away as you can. Limit wasteful spending and hunt locally.
Once your get stabilized with property then see what you can budget out and hunt within your budget.
Enjoyable local hunting is a tonic without spending a pile of cash.

Hi, I'm new here, I'm a lawyer, but hunting is a hobby. From my own experience I can say that the assets acquired during the marriage are the biggest problem during the divorce. Each husband claims that he has invested the most, even if the goods are divided equally, some contradictions may still arise. I'm not directly referring to divorce, I just want to say that in a family it would be normal for each spouse to contribute financially. Keep a record of income and expenses and together decide when you want to make investments or purchases.
In my experience child custody is the biggest problem - so be really sure before you add humans to your household. Also in many states marital accounting and bookkeeping has little to no effect on divorce outcomes.

Last edited:
Give and take brother. I go where I want and so does she except I go with her 🤣

Attachments

• 15CC2D5F-61A4-4D50-A5B7-EDCAE9D8387D.jpeg
    15CC2D5F-61A4-4D50-A5B7-EDCAE9D8387D.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 9
  • CD983A1D-C47B-4312-B322-8D5C715A62E2.jpeg
    CD983A1D-C47B-4312-B322-8D5C715A62E2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 4D7709D3-D004-47A7-90FE-05AB424DD0F7.jpeg
    4D7709D3-D004-47A7-90FE-05AB424DD0F7.jpeg
    366.5 KB · Views: 9