Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

M1A Scout

I keep bouncing between wanting a scout/SOCOM or a nat'l match...how did yours shoot?

I keep bouncing between wanting a scout/SOCOM or a nat'l match...how did yours shoot?
Shoots smooth with the comp, I had a preban for years and they buck.I bought a newer standard M1A and a Scout, sold the Standard because I will never shoot it. Today I ran up and put rounds out at 100 yards off had and the rifle holds Extremely still because of how balanced it is. Off hand in rainy wind in Oregon it grouped around 4"" but I'm not as sturdy as I us to be and wearing glasses.

Shoots smooth with the comp, I had a preban for years and they buck.I bought a newer standard M1A and a Scout, sold the Standard because I will never shoot it. Today I ran up and put rounds out at 100 yards off had and the rifle holds Extremely still because of how balanced it is. Off hand in rainy wind in Oregon it grouped around 4"" but I'm not as sturdy as I us to be and wearing glasses.

Attachments

• 20190809_135544.jpg
    20190809_135544.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 6
Also had a Bm59 this shot smooth, a couple years ago I acquired a JR bm and few things I didn't like about it so I got rid of it.

I just saw a BM59 at the Cabelas in Reno last week. Those are neat guns too but oh man are those paratrooper stocks uncomfortable! (The one at Cabelas was a standard stock.)
I ended up taking home a 1903 that had been sporterized. I'm not a collector and like the action. Plus it was a decent deal.
1215191734~2.jpg

I just saw a BM59 at the Cabelas in Reno last week. Those are neat guns too but oh man are those paratrooper stocks uncomfortable! (The one at Cabelas was a standard stock.)
I ended up taking home a 1903 that had been sporterized. I'm not a collector and like the action. Plus it was a decent deal.
View attachment 123581
03's are a great shooter, set them up right and there a great hunting rifle. I had a 03-A3 with a sporter stock , bedded, ,4-x12 Leupold and loved it ..very smooth !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurek
Back