Caribou Gear Tarp

Lumber & Paint prices - Out of Control?

Houses have shot up 50% in the last 2 years in some areas of town.
Now gas is going up too
Wonder what beef prices are doing? This is probably not the best place to ask that one.

My question is, specifically to lumber, will the prices retreat at all once the supply chain gets sorted out?

I have a major home renovation in mind but if I can wait a year or two and get a better price on materials I will.
I don’t think the prices will retreat all the way, after the fuel prices went down the extra delivery because of fuel cost stayed .

Been this way for several years.
Too many sales weasels in between the sawyer,mill & the yard. For no effing reason but to make a $.
Too much made in elsewhere for a $ too. But you can get cheap crap @ wallyworld.....

Been this way for several years.
Too many sales weasels in between the sawyer,mill & the yard. For no effing reason but to make a $.
Too much made in elsewhere for a $ too. But you can get cheap crap @ wallyworld.....
To be honest Hank most all lumber yards sell lumber at break even or at a slight loss. They make their money selling hardware and paint.

To be honest Hank most all lumber yards sell lumber at break even or at a slight loss. They make their money selling hardware and paint.
They do make more selling bundles of lumber than a 2x4 or 2 too. I understand the game. I almost went into the hardware business 45 yrs ago. Grew up in the building trades. The real ones.
Not many real lumber yards around either.
I'm lucky I have a mill to buy direct from,a family business,so they can afford the insane prices of nuts and bolts to keep running & have 14 employees.

Nice try tho BHR.

Realtors are the only people making money off lumber. Just ask the NFS, the private land owner, the logger, the trucker, the mill, the lumber yard, the builder, ...............

:)

They do make more selling bundles of lumber than a 2x4 or 2 too. I understand the game. I almost went into the hardware business 45 yrs ago. Grew up in the building trades. The real ones.
Not many real lumber yards around either.
I'm lucky I have a mill to buy direct from,a family business,so they can afford the insane prices of nuts and bolts to keep running & have 14 employees.

Nice try tho BHR.
Things have changed a little in 45 years, Hank.😉

I will buy and sell more lumber by noon on Monday then you will see in your lifetime. The offer I made you long ago still stands, swing by the office some time and I can show you how it works.
Here's you chance to be rich Tony. Get some of that cheap borrowed money and buy out Massa. Time to put that expertise to work and show us how it's done.

They come in boxes now, are glued together in plastic strips and made in Thailand.
50lbs was a keg and I do remember real wood kegs of nails & screws.
I paid the same price for 5lbs of 16's that I would have for a 50lbs box(yes, banded in plastic from mexico) 20 years ago.
Funny carpenters wages have not kept up at that rate......................

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back