Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Losing Hunting Grounds...it sucks, I wanna cry.

fowladdict

So this last thursday I get a visit from the boss and he brings me a map and says "Can you put together a proposal to do a survey of this property?, the owner is going to subdivide the ground into about 50 lots." I look at it and immediately get sick to my stomach. :eek: The property is a piece of ground that is about 50 acres right on the boise river and about 5 minutes from my house. I've had permission to hunt here for the last two years and the hunting wasn't superb by any means, but it gave me a place to hunt ducks and geese everyday and was only 5 minutes from my house. hump I knew this day was coming sooner or later, but it sucks...I just wanted to whine a little. :mad:

fowl- I feel your pain there buddy...had been hunting a patch not too far from my house (<10min) that my best friends dad owned since HSchool (nearly 30 years). Have trained my dogs on his ponds, taken a stack of ducks, turkeys, 'yotes, and even a couple of decent bucks there.

He sold out last year to the City (my friggin employer) who promptly incorporated the land (nearly 500 acres) so now there is no hunting, shooting, etc. on it....going to make it a "business park" in the future :(

fowladdict, sooner or later, there won't be much open property left in the treasure valley that isn't sub-divided or developed in one shape or form. It does blow goats but what can you do except whine a little. |oo

I feel your pain. My dad and I leased 500 acres about 10 minutes from our house. Every year that region of KY produces B&C whitetails. We lost it to a developer. I guess that is just the way it goes.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back