Looking for western hunting partner

WesNVA

From Virginia here. Fairly new to this forum. Looking for a western hunting partner. Interested in starting with Elk but I plan to start accumulating points in other states this year. Prefer backpack style hunting. Would be open to pretty much any state, would really like to try Montana. I’ve never hunted out west before but plan on trying to go once per year starting in September 2020.

I moved from VA to Wyoming just over 3 years ago.
If you decide to hunt out this way let me know. You’ll need 2-3 points for either mule deer or elk before you can get into some decent zones.
I’m halfway successful.

From Virginia here. Fairly new to this forum. Looking for a western hunting partner. Interested in starting with Elk but I plan to start accumulating points in other states this year. Prefer backpack style hunting. Would be open to pretty much any state, would really like to try Montana. I’ve never hunted out west before but plan on trying to go once per year starting in September 2020.

Did you disappear 🤣

Did you disappear 🤣
No, forgot to check my replies. It’s been hectic catching up around the house now that hunting season is over for me. What part of Virginia did you move from? I’m in Culpeper now and have been working on convincing my wife to move out west.

No, forgot to check my replies. It’s been hectic catching up around the house now that hunting season is over for me. What part of Virginia did you move from? I’m in Culpeper now and have been working on convincing my wife to move out west.

Mathews Va.

Quite a few people know me for my line of work😁

I'm from Fairfax, VA but I live in Denver now. I elk hunt out here in CO but I go home to VA and hunt every Thanksgiving. I'll likely be back there this summer if you want to connect then. Do you have any good spots to hunt in VA?

Nice. How do you like Colorado? I have about 1200 acres in Marshall VA that I hunt. Lots of deer, bear and Turkey.

Nice. How do you like Colorado? I have about 1200 acres in Marshall VA that I hunt. Lots of deer, bear and Turkey.
I love it here. Denver is getting a little crowded, though it's nothing compared to DC traffic. There's so much to do outside, no matter the season. I'm still exploring new areas to hunt but CO has a ton of units that you can hunt over the counter. All I've hunted is OTC so far, and with the exception of the first year, I've found elk and gotten within shooting range every season. If you're serious about western hunting then get a good pair of boots, a good backpack, binos and practice shooting out to 500 yards.

I've been wanting to hunt the Marshall area. I used to hunt a horse farm and a BnB in Warren/Loudon Counties for 12 years but both of them told me last year that I could no longer hunt there because their "neighbors didn't like it." It's getting harder and harder to hunt Northern VA. Too bad, cause there's nothing tastier than VA whitetail.

PM me if you want to chat about it some more.

I am a idaho resident looking for a archery elk hunting buddy. I also rifle hunt deer, wolf and want to go bear hunting.

I'm from TN and have similar interests, would like to find a buddy nearby to share travel costs and driving with for hunts out west. I will be going to CO for 2nd rifle season this year, PM me if interested.

Just joined today...lookong for folks who might want to hunt secomd season elk in Colorado. Oct 24 to Nov 1.

I saw your post--I'm down in Hampton, VA and am accumulating points in Wyoming. Got Antelope and Deer points at the moment.

If you're interested in hunting Idaho archery elk, let me know! I'm looking for a hunting partner too. I know I'm kind of late on this as you probably had to get your tag already, but there's always next year.

Back