PEAX Equipment

Looking for hunting partner to travel from Dallas area to CO for OTC archery elk this fall

TSC0003

I am planning a trip to CO to hunt the first week of archery elk season. I live in Dallas area and would like to find somebody that would be interested in sharing travel expenses and a few good days in the mountains. I have prior elk hunting experience and a good vehicle to get there. Please let me know if anybody is interested. Must be willing to get off the road and burn some shoe leather.

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with finding a partner, I think most people will tell you that its almost impossible to depend on other people, they always back out of the hunt or just dead weight that complain the whole time.

Thank you. I drew in New Mexico for the first rifle season and I have somebody to go with me on that hunt. No takers yet on archery for CO. The freezer is getting empty and looking forward to fall.

There are approximately 1,000,000* Texans who come here to hunt elk every year, I bet you'll find a hunting buddy, good luck this fall ;)

*Not an exact count, but close, p

The above is quote from Lukethedog. I apparently did not do the copy and paste right!

I would hazard a guess that there are more elk hunters than any other state. Growing up in New Mexico, you could give even money that the next camp was from Texas.

The cultural environment promotes hunting, not just in the country, but even the major cities. Austin might be the exception.

There are approximately 1,000,000* Texans who come here to hunt elk every year, I bet you'll find a hunting buddy, good luck this fall ;)

*Not an exact count, but close, p

The above is quote from Lukethedog. I apparently did not do the copy and paste right!

I would hazard a guess that there are more elk hunters than any other state. Growing up in New Mexico, you could give even money that the next camp was from Texas.

The cultural environment promotes hunting, not just in the country, but even the major cities. Austin might be the exception.

That's what happens when your state doesn't have any public lands... bet CO is gonna get really crowded if Utah has its way.

I am planning a trip to CO to hunt the first week of archery elk season. I live in Dallas area and would like to find somebody that would be interested in sharing travel expenses and a few good days in the mountains. I have prior elk hunting experience and a good vehicle to get there. Please let me know if anybody is interested. Must be willing to get off the road and burn some shoe leather.
I don’t get on here very often, but just happened across your post. Did ya have any luck finding a partner? I am just north of Dallas. Me and my buddy got hit by the same weather you did in 2020, and it was our first year of elk hunting and in the back country. Still had a great time. Waiting on draw results this year.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back