Caribou Gear Tarp

Looking for any nuggets about MT 314 elk b

a.a.ron

I threw unit 314 as a third choice for MT elk b drawing and lo and behold I drew it. I'm from NW MT and have never been to the Paradise Valley. Any insight on where to look for Big Henrietta would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the valley is private. You’ll need to get up in the hills to find public land. Depending on what part of the season you are hunting, weather can dramatically impact access. I mostly hunt the northern part of the unit, but not much public up there. The further south you are int the, the more public you’ll find. And more grizzlies! There’s lots of elk in there, but once the pressure starts, they’ll be quickly heading for private. Early snow will also cause them to move down towards the valley where there’s less public. Good luck!

Most of the valley is private. You’ll need to get up in the hills to find public land. Depending on what part of the season you are hunting, weather can dramatically impact access. I mostly hunt the northern part of the unit, but not much public up there. The further south you are int the, the more public you’ll find. And more grizzlies! There’s lots of elk in there, but once the pressure starts, they’ll be quickly heading for private. Early snow will also cause them to move down towards the valley where there’s less public. Good luck!
I went with my brother and I have to say that your description is exactly what I found to be true. We hunted hard and had multiple encounters with elk but they were all on the wrong side of whatever boundary we were hunting near. I hope you have more success than we did. It's very pretty country. Thanks for the tips.

I went with my brother and I have to say that your description is exactly what I found to be true. We hunted hard and had multiple encounters with elk but they were all on the wrong side of whatever boundary we were hunting near. I hope you have more success than we did. It's very pretty country. Thanks for the tips.
Great that you took the time to report back after the hunt.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back